My Junk is Your Treasure! - Pet Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PlayFish Time/Gmt Time

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Weefie's wishlist
People asking for you to send them things ClockSat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 am by weefie_and_me

» Negi's Sale
People asking for you to send them things ClockWed Nov 18, 2009 12:11 pm by gaigui3

» Bella and Ratzie's wishlist :)
People asking for you to send them things ClockFri Nov 06, 2009 5:09 am by Ratzie

» The Rares Situation.
People asking for you to send them things ClockWed Nov 04, 2009 3:26 am by gem

» Future of this Forum
People asking for you to send them things ClockMon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 am by Ratzie

» So, I gave in...
People asking for you to send them things ClockSun Oct 25, 2009 9:31 pm by VeganClaire

» Spoiler 19th October
People asking for you to send them things ClockFri Oct 16, 2009 4:12 am by gem

» Alyse's Wishlist
People asking for you to send them things ClockMon Oct 12, 2009 9:23 pm by jackie ^-^

» Alyse's Trades
People asking for you to send them things ClockMon Oct 12, 2009 2:54 pm by alysegifford

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Poll
Top posters
annmichele (164)
People asking for you to send them things Vote_lcapPeople asking for you to send them things Voting_barPeople asking for you to send them things Vote_rcap 
Amber Rose (136)
People asking for you to send them things Vote_lcapPeople asking for you to send them things Voting_barPeople asking for you to send them things Vote_rcap 
VeganClaire (131)
Donna (121)
gem (118)
Cokey n Cim (102)
Rea (102)
weefie_and_me (82)
AppLe (78)
Wendy (65)

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of My Junk is Your Treasure! - Pet Society on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of My Junk is Your Treasure! - Pet Society on your social bookmarking website

People asking for you to send them things

+4
Rea
Ratzie
Donna
gem
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

People asking for you to send them things Empty People asking for you to send them things

Post by gem Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:39 am

I don't know if this happens to everyone, but how do you deal with people always asking you to send them things?

Last night i had at least 10 messages from the same person asking me to send them things, it wasn't just ordinary things either, it was my mummy doll first then my monster doll then the items i have in my castle room which i bought from the cash shop and then numerous other items.

the same today i got up today and had half a dozen messages waiting all asking for the expensive items i have traded for.

To each of them i just replied that that particular item was bought specially for my pet and i wouldn't trade it or give it away.

But it makes me feel really bad.

I just wondered if it happened to everyone, and how you all dealt with it.

Thanks

Georgina
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Posts Posts : 118
Points Points : 5580
Reputation Reputation : 45
Join date Join date : 2009-08-21
Age Age : 52
Location Location : UK

Back to top Go down

People asking for you to send them things Empty Re: People asking for you to send them things

Post by Donna Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:42 pm

I haven't come across this in PS personally, but I've been around the net long enough to know that there are some rotten people around and I think that's what you have come across. It sounds to me like this person is hoping to make you feel bad enough that you will send them stuff. You have told them your items are for your own use and that should have been an end to it.

You have absolutely nothing to feel bad about hon. Don't let them ruin your enjoyment of the game. Personally, I would just remove them from my friends list. This person is probably jealous of what you have - that's their issue to deal with and you shouldn't have to deal with them.

*hugsssss*
Donna
Donna

Posts Posts : 121
Points Points : 5586
Reputation Reputation : 47
Location Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

People asking for you to send them things Empty Re: People asking for you to send them things

Post by gem Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Well I got another message, so i sent a jellyfish doll and a note saying i had worked hard for the things i have for my pet and even spent real money on them and not to ask me again.

So far so good.
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratzie Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:50 am

Bloomin' beggers! Grrrr...!
I had exactly the same thing, asking me for my expensive things. I sent them a message saying "NO! You cannot have MY things. I earned them and so can you! IF you want help leveling up or earning coins then I can help you but I'm not a bloomin' bank!" lol, something like that anyways. Some didn't take the hint and carried on asking for my things so I deleted them. Unfortunately some have no manners these days... s'quite sad really isn't it? flower
Ratzie
Ratzie
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Posts Posts : 40
Points Points : 5438
Reputation Reputation : 9
Join date Join date : 2009-08-25
Age Age : 41
Location Location : Near the Cheese! (Southampton, UK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 am

i had one friend that secunds after she acepted my friendrequst for the game wrote to me in the chat and asked more or lest like this: hi (3 secunds later) so what are you gonna send me?

i asked what she was talking about and she said and i quote: thats what ps is all about sending stuff to your friends?

funny she never sent me anything...
Rea
Rea
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Posts Posts : 102
Points Points : 5540
Reputation Reputation : 33
Join date Join date : 2009-08-22
Age Age : 42
Location Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 am

dont let people get to you Gem thats what they want. just delete if they wont leave you alone
Rea
Rea
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:33 am

I had another message from them today asking for 3 things, all 3 things are still available in the shops.

So I have deleted them.

I don't mind messages asking if things are for trade, i can answer them and just tell them no, but messages constantly saying "give me this, give me that" are bad.

Taking no crap from anyone anymore.

I was scammed yesterday Sad I was supposed to be doing a trade and i sent my 20 x 999 to them and then they deleted me.

I sent them a message telling them i was going to contact everyone on their friends list and tell them what they had done, i got a message back saying "f*ck you".

i have contacted a few and 2 people have contacted me to say thanks for letting them know and his friend list has gone from 407 yesterday to 395 today, so i may have helped a few.

I feel so stupid, my hubby says it's because i'm too trusting.

Well anyway, i have my complete doll collection and from now on i will only be trading with people i know Smile

WOW it feels better now i have told someone.

Thanks for reading.

gem

Edited to add: i cant remember the pet name or level, but the rotten little scumbag was called HATEM EL SAID https://www.facebook.com/hatem6#

Last edited by gem on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the scumbags name and profile)
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 am

oh no please write the name and pet name + lvl here so we can all remember
Rea
Rea
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 am

Ack Gem that's awful. Did you arrange this trade in public?

Please don't feel stupid. I agree with your husband, but being trusting isn't a bad thing hon - it's a case of that isn't how you would treat others so don't expect them to treat you like it. Am so sorry for you :-(
Donna
Donna

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 am

Yeah kind of, it started on the playfish forum and then continued on chat.

I just assumed as i was buying, that i was to send first, because thats how all of the others went.

I'm not bothered about the items they're not important as it was only time i spent on the game to get those.

It's the fact that i can't get to him and punch him on the nose Twisted Evil

Oh well i know i'm not the first to be scammed and i certainly won't be the last. But it will be the first and last FOR ME.

Not everyone is as nice as the people on here.

gem
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratzie Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:00 pm

The SCUMBAG! I'm furious for you! I'm glad you told his friends list Smile And I hope Karma bites his ass Mad
Ratzie
Ratzie
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Rose Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:42 am

DAmn Im an evil bitch... ( pondering adding him to my friends list just to mail all his friends and tell them about how much of a scum he is lol...

Yea Gem,... I have had a few lately blatantly ask me to gift them, or "what are you gonna give me"... I just delete them and do not respond, responding can fuel them
Amber Rose
Amber Rose
Admin
Admin

Posts Posts : 136
Points Points : 5589
Reputation Reputation : 19
Join date Join date : 2009-08-18
Age Age : 44
Location Location : WA, USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:46 am

Amber Rose wrote:DAmn Im an evil bitch... ( pondering adding him to my friends list just to mail all his friends and tell them about how much of a scum he is lol...

Yea Gem,... I have had a few lately blatantly ask me to gift them, or "what are you gonna give me"... I just delete them and do not respond, responding can fuel them

i was thinking something like that too... no one messes with my friend Gem
Rea
Rea
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:39 am

Hmm just had a look at his (limited) profile - looks like a kid with lots of accounts to me... Like his friends Gfg Fggdgf, Jhgkjdg Fgfdgfd and Fgfdg Ggfg (lol!) who only have one friend. Looking at the PS forums he has done it to others also.
Donna
Donna

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Rose Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:42 am

what an a-hole
Amber Rose
Amber Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Rose Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:51 am

OMG look a little closer he has almost 40 friends named Ahmed, another 40 named Mohamed and another 40 or so named Omar and yet another 40 or so named Youssef ... all have locations in either Egypt, International School of Choueifat, or Narmer American College

Makes you think that almost 300 or so of his so called friends are his own accounts, I wonder if he is "The Master" scammer... Stay away from any of those names I guess
Amber Rose
Amber Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Rose Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:00 am

After examining him closer all his friends are friends with each other, and the names get more like Ahmed Mohamed, or Ali Ahmed, or Ali Gindly, or Mohamed Gindly Ali... by the looks of it, it might be a network of scammers, that probably are ones that own those sites that sell old Jukes and 4999's

I really wouldn't doubt it is two or three guys running the whole operation and they are using maybe 300 accounts, and are running a webbie somewhere bending people over by selling there crap back to them that they stole from them just hours ago...

Used to see this crap in World of warcraft... all those sites selling gold, get in mainly from hacking and scamming people
Amber Rose
Amber Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:01 am

Amber Rose wrote:OMG look a little closer he has almost 40 friends named Ahmed, another 40 named Mohamed and another 40 or so named Omar and yet another 40 or so named Youssef ... all have locations in either Egypt, International School of Choueifat, or Narmer American College

Makes you think that almost 300 or so of his so called friends are his own accounts, I wonder if he is "The Master" scammer... Stay away from any of those names I guess

wow and I thought i had no life - spending so much time on facebook. Atleast i onlye have one acount...
Rea
Rea
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:53 am

Thanks, guys.

Well i can take some small comfort that his friends list has gone down from 407 to 392, maybe some of his friends were honest people and have deleted him after i contacted them.

Very Happy

gem
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by annmichele Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:49 am

gem wrote:I don't know if this happens to everyone, but how do you deal with people always asking you to send them things?

Last night i had at least 10 messages from the same person asking me to send them things, it wasn't just ordinary things either, it was my mummy doll first then my monster doll then the items i have in my castle room which i bought from the cash shop and then numerous other items.

the same today i got up today and had half a dozen messages waiting all asking for the expensive items i have traded for.

To each of them i just replied that that particular item was bought specially for my pet and i wouldn't trade it or give it away.

But it makes me feel really bad.

I just wondered if it happened to everyone, and how you all dealt with it.

Thanks

Georgina

I have had that experience with one person who I added through the cafe (of close to 400 PS friends), but everyone else has been pretty well behaved. I had to delete her from my friends list. She was even using chat to demand items! I don't mind if people ask if I trade, and then once I know them better, perhaps asking for assistance in finding specific items or if you know safe sources in the forum, but there is definitely a protocol to what is polite in this game!
annmichele
annmichele
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Posts Posts : 164
Points Points : 5636
Reputation Reputation : 72
Age Age : 57
Location Location : Baton Rouge, LA

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Rose Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:11 am

<3

hmmm I was thinking of making a lil donation to gem for her loss, anybody else down, should we drop random 999's on her, or... ask what she was trading for and try to get it for her :p

Smile
Amber Rose
Amber Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratzie Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 am

Amber Rose wrote:<3

hmmm I was thinking of making a lil donation to gem for her loss, anybody else down, should we drop random 999's on her, or... ask what she was trading for and try to get it for her :p

Smile

Great idea! I'm in!
Ratzie
Ratzie
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Rea Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:34 am

i think its a good idea. Best if we can find what she was trading for.
Rea
Rea
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:02 am

Amber Rose wrote:<3

Smile

Thanks guys, that is a very nice idea, but it's really not necessary.

Everyone here has already helped loads by giving me fair (even cheap) trades and freebees. Smile

It was thanks to meeting all of you that i had the guts to go and try to trade in the first place, if that had not happened i would not have been able to complete my doll collection.

A big thank you to all of you. cheers

Gem
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Cokey n Cim Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:41 am

gem I just got to reading this. I'm so sorry this happened to you. One reason I'm still so scared to trade on the forum. here i feel I know everyone and you are all such great friends.

I agree with amber we should do something.

No one has ever asked me for anything yet. Well except my dd, but she is my daughter and i told her if there was anything she wanted just let me know. lol She went straight for my dolls. lol.

Gem so sorry you have had problems.
Cokey n Cim
Cokey n Cim
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Reputation Reputation : 26
Age Age : 53
Location Location : La Porte IN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum