My Junk is Your Treasure! - Pet Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PlayFish Time/Gmt Time

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Weefie's wishlist
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockSat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 am by weefie_and_me

» Negi's Sale
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockWed Nov 18, 2009 12:11 pm by gaigui3

» Bella and Ratzie's wishlist :)
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockFri Nov 06, 2009 5:09 am by Ratzie

» The Rares Situation.
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockWed Nov 04, 2009 3:26 am by gem

» Future of this Forum
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockMon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 am by Ratzie

» So, I gave in...
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockSun Oct 25, 2009 9:31 pm by VeganClaire

» Spoiler 19th October
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockFri Oct 16, 2009 4:12 am by gem

» Alyse's Wishlist
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockMon Oct 12, 2009 9:23 pm by jackie ^-^

» Alyse's Trades
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 ClockMon Oct 12, 2009 2:54 pm by alysegifford

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Poll
Top posters
annmichele (164)
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Vote_lcapPeople asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Voting_barPeople asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Amber Rose (136)
People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Vote_lcapPeople asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Voting_barPeople asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
VeganClaire (131)
Donna (121)
gem (118)
Cokey n Cim (102)
Rea (102)
weefie_and_me (82)
AppLe (78)
Wendy (65)

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of My Junk is Your Treasure! - Pet Society on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of My Junk is Your Treasure! - Pet Society on your social bookmarking website

People asking for you to send them things

+4
Rea
Ratzie
Donna
gem
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Empty People asking for you to send them things

Post by gem Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:39 am

First topic message reminder :

I don't know if this happens to everyone, but how do you deal with people always asking you to send them things?

Last night i had at least 10 messages from the same person asking me to send them things, it wasn't just ordinary things either, it was my mummy doll first then my monster doll then the items i have in my castle room which i bought from the cash shop and then numerous other items.

the same today i got up today and had half a dozen messages waiting all asking for the expensive items i have traded for.

To each of them i just replied that that particular item was bought specially for my pet and i wouldn't trade it or give it away.

But it makes me feel really bad.

I just wondered if it happened to everyone, and how you all dealt with it.

Thanks

Georgina
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Posts Posts : 118
Points Points : 5580
Reputation Reputation : 45
Join date Join date : 2009-08-21
Age Age : 52
Location Location : UK

Back to top Go down

People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Empty Re: People asking for you to send them things

Post by Donna Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 am

Soooo what were you trading for Gem? :-)
Donna
Donna

Posts Posts : 121
Points Points : 5586
Reputation Reputation : 47
Location Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

People asking for you to send them things - Page 2 Empty Re: People asking for you to send them things

Post by gem Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:38 am

Donna wrote:Soooo what were you trading for Gem? :-)

This is the thread from the forum:

http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=1188626

I wouldn't care but the things weren't even for me, i had already completed my doll collection.

They were to share between my family who play PS (4 sisters, 1 son, 3 neices, and a nephew).

The saying "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is"

But it seemed like a HUGE bargain, i suppose i got greedy and careless.

But never mind guys, i'ts really nice of you to think of me.

Lesson Learned. Smile

Georgina
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Rose Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:18 pm

I just reported that thread to the scammer list on playfishs forum Smile
Amber Rose
Amber Rose
Admin
Admin

Posts Posts : 136
Points Points : 5589
Reputation Reputation : 19
Join date Join date : 2009-08-18
Age Age : 44
Location Location : WA, USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Rose Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 pm

I got a reply back on that forum were I reported him, he was already a known scammer and was on the scammer list, guess you need to totally check before trading with someone there

http://forum.playfish.com/showpost.php?p=992286140&postcount=2856
http://forum.playfish.com/showpost.php?p=992293368&postcount=2857
http://forum.playfish.com/showpost.php?p=992821397&postcount=2889
Amber Rose
Amber Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:20 am

Thank you amber, i was contacted by someone from the forum, they were checking this "Timy" out as they had put a very large bid in for an item.

The person that contacted me was one of the official trade referee's.

I am a lot more careful now.

Thanks again.

Georgina
gem
gem
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Back to top Go down

Post by VeganClaire Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:38 am

So sorry for what happened to you Gem! It's awful that there are people out there trying to ruin the game and everyone's fun Sad

I never trade on the forum simply because I've heard so many horror stories, and it appears that you really don't know who you can trust on there. I had never traded until I joined Amber's group, and only here do I feel safe to trade with people... I know I can trust people here, and that is just one thing that I love about this little forum!

I don't have much to offer, and I don't have any rare items, but if I can help in any way please let me know <3

VeganClaire
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Posts Posts : 131
Points Points : 5560
Reputation Reputation : 15
Age Age : 35
Location Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Rose Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:43 pm

the only thing is we do have to be somewhat careful here you never know who may stumble upon this forum... that why with more posts and most of you founding members as safe traders, it will help out abit, and soon I will have good rules as to how to make Safe trader later for people we dont know
Amber Rose
Amber Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VeganClaire Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Amber Rose wrote:the only thing is we do have to be somewhat careful here you never know who may stumble upon this forum... that why with more posts and most of you founding members as safe traders, it will help out abit, and soon I will have good rules as to how to make Safe trader later for people we dont know

So far things seem to be very legitimate, which is a great sign! I haven't seen any posts about people being scammed. But you're right; we should always be careful when trading Smile

VeganClaire
Safe Trader
Safe Trader

Posts Posts : 131
Points Points : 5560
Reputation Reputation : 15
Age Age : 35
Location Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum